Thursday, February 27, 2014

Be Yourself... And Own It!

I went back and forth about this post. Many times it was so jumbled in my head it couldn't take form. Hopefully I got it right this time.

We live in a world where we are all constantly changing. Who you were at five, isn't who you are at thirty-five. We live in a world of constant judgement also.

If we all actually lived as the people we are supposed to be, what kind of world would it be? We have variety already, but it's all so fake. Assholes are assholes. Sweethearts are sweethearts. But are they?

I spend a good amount of time being what everyone expects me to be, I no longer know who I am. I want to own that! So I will. I can see the good in everyone, literally. I can get along with just about anyone. I also know this is extremely rare.

I've listened to friends and strangers as they cry because they can't be what someone wants. I've felt their pain. I can sympathize and empathize. I've been there. So you're a bubbly person who loves the sun on their face, the wind in your hair. You live for happy music and rainbow dreams. Good for you! Own it. No, not everyone is going to love you, yes, some people will make fun of you and belittle your efforts. Why? Because that is the person they have chosen to be. Assholes and Sweethearts, remember?

I have witnessed people lose their sparkle because of dark hearted people. I have dulled in my life because I have been hurt horribly as well. I'm not going to make everyone happy. I can't make everyone love me. Some people live their lives with the mentality that they don't care if anyone likes them and loves them. And there are people who think those people are so awesome because nothing bothers them. No one's life is so empty that nothing bothers them. But for the Sweethearts of the world, that is not your home.

It really sucks when people can't accept us. A LOT! But, you know what? They don't have to. There are people for the kind hearted. People do and will love you for who you are.

Many people think I'm stupid. I know, ridiculous. I am far from stupid. I know this and yes, I own this. I rather people think I'm dumb and have the upper hand. I know the people in my life. I know who they are and what they stand for. Some will hurt me forever, I just simply stop letting them. I am not a fool. I am not stupid. I see more then people think I do. I OWN THAT! I am a Sweetheart and an Asshole. I am not perfect! BUT, I am realistic and open minded. IF or WHEN it is time, people will always be welcome into my world of understanding. You might not like what I have to say, but you don't have to.

JUST. BE. YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment